Friday, April 17, 2009

Honeyjoy Lions


As we draw closer to BabyK's first birthday, I find myself slowly coming up with more time for blogging. There is a half hour window while Daddy reads the bedtime story that I can get daily website things done, and when I am prepared, I can sneak a quick blog post in then. Provided of course, that I have cooked real food lately worth blogging about.

I'm very proud of this creation, I came up with it all by myself. Not the recipe, the recipe is an old Australian kids party staple. The idea of making faces in the middle and having lions, that I take credit for. Perfect for a 5yo's Go Diego, Go party, or a 1yo's jungle party.


Honeyjoys
90g butter or margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon honey
4 cups Corn Flakes

Preheat oven to 150°C.
Line 24 hole patty pan with paper cases.
Melt butter, sugar and honey together in a saucepan until frothy.
Add Corn Flakes and mix well.
Working quickly spoon into paper patty cases.
Bake in a slow oven 150°C for 10 minutes.
Cool.

To make Lion Honeyjoys, take a white choc button, and draw a face with writing icing. Measure button against a teaspoon to find a similar sized teaspoon. After spooning cornflake mixture into patty cases, use the teaspoon to flatten a hollow in the centre of the mix. Bake as usual. Allow to cool slightly after baking, until slightly warm, then place chocolate in the centre of each honeyjoy. The chocolate will melt slightly to hold it in place. (So don't do it too early, or the chocolate will disintegrate.)

Honeyjoys will keep for a few weeks in an airtight container.

Stay tuned over this weekend for the Mars Bars Monkeys!

0 comments: