Monday, September 20, 2010

Sexy Carbonara

This would have to be the easiest sauce I have ever made for pasta. Ever. And it was so good I almost ate the lot straight from the pan with a wooden spoon. I seriously did contemplate giving the kids jarred sauce, but then I thought of what I put into the sauce, and decided to share after all.

Yes, it's one of those sorts of recipes, something you'd expect to see on P-Dub's site, not mine. But it's super easy to whip up, done in the time it takes the pasta to boil, and everyone needs at least one awesome "I don't care about the calories this is damn good" recipe in their repertoire!

Sexy Carbonara Sauce
175g short cut rindless bacon, chopped finely
4 heaped teaspoons of minced garlic
200ml cream
50g butter
sprinkle of smoked paprika (optional)

Fry the bacon and garlic gently, over medium heat. When the garlic is starting to brown, add the cream. Reduce for however long it takes to get your pasta cooked, and add the butter in an attempt to thicken the sauce slightly. Fail in that regard, but taste sauce, and completely stop caring. Season to taste, with S&P and a generous sprinkle of smoked paprika, then toss your drained pasta straight into the frying pan. Mix it all around, then serve, if you are feeling indulgent, with shaved parmesan, or just a grind of fresh black pepper.

1 comments:

Tracee said...

Looks yummy - I just gave you an award over at my site: http://reviewfromhere.com