Sunday, November 21, 2010

More Rainbow Cake!

This is the first of a few rainbow themed posts I had planned for the lead up to Miss Five's birthday. Instead, I'll be posting them in the next couple of weeks. After the enormous success of the rainbow cake I made for my brother-in-law's birthday party, Miss Then-Four wanted to have a rainbow party, so she could have one of those cakes.

Of course, since she had separate parties for kinder friends and family, that meant I had to make two of those cakes. Meaning 14 bowls to wash up. And way too much food dye consumption. But everyone was thrilled by the suprise colours inside again, even those who were expecting it. I decorated the "fluffy white cloud" icing with a sour strap rainbow to throw people off the scent. You can never have too many rainbows.


See, it's all deceptively plain and sneaky

Rainbows make me happy. And they do the same to Miss Five and Master Two as well. (Master Six is ambivalent). I didn't take photos of the process like I did back in January because I was racing the clock to get cake in the oven before Kinder pick up time, and before I needed the oven for dinner. But I used the same method as last time so I guess that will have to do.


This was an entry for Sugar High Friday, started in 2004 by Jennifer, the Domestic Goddess, and hosted this month by SoufflĂ© Days with the theme “Desserts with a Hidden Surprise.”

0 comments: