This was the last of this fortnight's Cooks Club Challenge recipes from the Taste forums. I made it as directed, so I'll just repost the original recipe.
BGP'S Naughty Baked Apples in a rush – recipe per person
1 thick slice of Fruit Loaf
1 Apple – Granny Smith or whatever variety you have
1 tbsp Sultanas
½ tsp Cinnamon
Pinch Mixed Spice
Pinch Corn Flour
1 tsp finely chopped chocolate
½ tsp brown sugar
1 tsp butter - softened + extra for buttering fruit loaf
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees C & line a tray with baking paper
• Cut ¾ of the core out of the apple – leaving some on the base
• Now carefully remove some of the belly of the apple to make a wide chamber
• Cut a fine line around the diameter of the apple (this prevents a “boom” in the oven)
• Zap the apple in the Microwave for 50 seconds on high
• Use the extra Butter & spread on the top-side of the fruit loaf slice
• Mix butter, sugar, cinnamon, corn flour & chocolate together to form a paste, then add sultanas
• Stuff this mixture in the belly of the apple until full, don’t worry if it overflows as the fruit loaf is its sponge & will catch any dribbles over the side.
• Place apple on top of fruit loaf & push down so it sits steady.
• Bake for approx 15 – 20 mins or until apple is soft & fruit loaf is golden
• Serve with loads of ice-cream
Don't forget to get messy with your young 'uns for Kids In The Kitchen, training our next generation of food bloggers! ;)