Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'd cook that...

We had heat-and-eat lasagna tonight, one of the few premade meals I can buy and still feed all of us for under $10. I'm on a bit of an extreme budget kick as we uber save to get our bank statements looking rosy, in the hope of getting a home loan. But today was still library day, with the all day out of the house that inevitably entails, so I had a lazy dinner night.

In the meantime, here's a bunch of links to things I'd rather be cooking. In my 'Unsorted' bookmark folder, I have a folder for recipes I like the look of, but haven't tried yet. That, in turn, is split up into Bread, Drinks (with a further sub-folder Booze), Desserts (likewise Cakes, Chocolate, Ice Cream), Dinner, Snacks (Savoury, Sweet), Soups, Slow Cooker. I have the same structure in my tried and true recipe folder, where I move across anything worth making again. Yeah, so my bookmarks are more organised than my household. I'm a nerd. Sue me.

At any rate, here are all the links from my Unsorted > Recipes > Dinner folder. Perhaps this will spark an Oh Yum from someone else reading, or maybe just inspire me while I'm in the supermarket next to narrow things down a bit. Either way, it's better than just linking to a list of common Evil Overlord stereotypes. But I wouldn't do that.

Crispy & sticky chicken thighs with squashed new potatoes & tomatoes
Bacon Basil Chicken
Chicken and Leek Lasagna
Roasted Baby Potatoes with Soy, Butter and Parsley
Baked Apples and Sweet Potatoes (side dish)
Hi-Lo Chicken Stuffed Loaf
Baked Sweet Potato Falafel
Tarragon Chicken with Buttered Leeks
Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad
Chicken, Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts with Cheese Tortellini in a Light Lemon Butter Sauce

0 comments: