Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kids Cooking Thursday: Pink Cupcakes

Rose and Strawberry Cupcakes, and Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes

It's not a party without cake, and what better kind of cake for a 'Pink' party than Strawberry Cupcakes? Just a packet mix I'm afraid, but we jazzed them up a bit. Half the mixed batter had chopped turkish delight and the other half had pureed strawberries added. I was quite lucky the other day, I picked up a kilo of slightly overripe strawberries for just $3.18. I hulled them, and threw them in the food processor, and then blitzed the lot down to moosh.

This is what a kilo of strawberries looks like in my food processor

I measured it out into little ziplock lunch bags. Two bags of 1 cup each, and one bag with only 1/2 cup. Then 1/2 cup went into the cupcake batter, and the troublemakers "cleaned" the other 1/4 cup worth out of the bowl after I removed the blade. So now I have 2 punnets of whole frozen strawberries, plus 2 and 1/2 cups of frozen strawberry puree in my freezer.
And cakes. Not that they'll last long around here.

Miss Three mixing

Master Five taking a turn

If you'd like to join in with Kids Cooking Thursday please leave a permalink to your own Kids Cooking Thursday post, as per the rules.

Please consider making a donation

Don't forget to think (and cook!) pink for the Virtual Night In, raising money and awareness for Breast Cancer Research.


MuMmARat said...

We did actually make something fot KCT, I'll upload and blog tonight once kids are in bed, been a seriously made day.

Oh and by the way, we made biscuits....I so should never cook biscuits, I'm just no good at them. But they have lots of colour so Lil_Rat is happy!

PJ said...

Hi!!I came here via Taste and create..Nice blog!!Am waiting for lil angel to grow up so that we can join kids cooking thursday :)..[she's just a year and a half]..A very nice theme...