Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chicken and Black Bean Sauce


We were supposed to be having Beef and Black Bean suace tonight, but I mucked up my shopping list, and ended up short on steak. Still, chicken works quite well with the sweetness of black beans, and it went down quite well. Master Four emptied his plate, and while Miss Two had a little left over, she is fighting off a cold at the moment. Besides, her comment was that the dinner in her mouth made her very happy. Can't ask for better than that can you?

Was a very simple dish to make too. I put some rice on to cook, and while that simmered away, I sliced some broccoli, bok choy, onion, and green capsicum, along with two chicken breast fillets. Browned the onion, and then the chicken, added the broccoli to fry a little. I used a whole jar of KanTong Black Bean sauce, but I could have gotten away with two thirds of a jar, if not as little as half. Then I added the bok choy stems and the capsicum, and cooked until the sauce was hot. I turned the heat off and stirred through the bok choy leaves, which cooked from the residual heat while I was dishing up the rice.

I'm supposed to be making Calzones tomorrow, but I have a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon, so it will depend on how long they keep me at the hospital. They wanted me to stay and get induced yesterday, so I have to go in every few days it seems to get ultrasounds and heart rate checks. Bubs is moving heaps though, so things should be ok for me to come home again tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been a bit all over the place with the menu plan this week too. We are eating all the meals ust in a completely different order!