Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bananas in Mars


Bananas in Mars (Taken from 4 Ingredients)
4 firm bananas
2 mars bars

Cut a slice in the banana skin halfway down its middle. Slice up mars bars and poke into the slit.

Wrap in alfoil and place in oven or on the bbq and cook for approx 3-5 minutes. Remove and turn out onto a plate.


These were going to be cooked on the bbq, only weather conspired against us, and I had to use the oven instead. I cooked them for 15 minutes at 200C, but I think they could have gone for longer, or at a higher temperature. The kids loved them though. I'd forgotten how good roasted bananas were!

This was an entry for
The Cookbook Challenge: Week 18 - BBQ.

3 comments:

Cherrie Pie said...

great idea. chocolate and banana go so well together

April @ My Food Trail said...

Such a simple but interesting recipe! I have never heard of roasted bananas before!

Unknown said...

You've brought back some great memories of school camps with this recipe!