Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kids Cooking Thursday: Peach & Strawberry Tarts

This was another Cooks Club Challenge from the Taste.com.au forums. Because I wanted to make it with Miss Four, and I'm really bad with shortcrust pastry, we used bought tart cases, but you can make your own shortcrust tart case if you prefer. What follows is my adaptation of the given recipe, which was originally for blueberry tart.

Peach & Strawberry Tarts
120g softened butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2tbs Gallinano
200g almond meal
125g skinned, sliced peaches
125g strawberries, hulled and halved
Icing sugar to dust
Thick cream or ice cream to serve

Cream butter and sugar with electric beaters until thick and pale.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and then add the Gallinano. Beat again. Tip in the almond meal, and beat through.

Cover base of pastry shell with half the peach slices and half the strawberries, cover with almond cake mix and top with remaining fruit.

Bake for 25 minutes at 180C or until pastry is golden.
Let cool, dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.

If you'd like to join in with Kids Cooking Thursday please leave a permalink to your own Kids Cooking Thursday post, as per the rules.


Don't forget to get messy with your young 'uns for Kids In The Kitchen, training our next generation of food bloggers! ;)

1 comments:

MuMmARat said...

I just can't get my mojo back for cooking and making things with the little rat, it must be because I'm trying to lose weight and dont want to be tempted with food.

I think I'm going to have to look at finding dinners she can help with instead and have 1 or 2 nights a week that she makes dinner with me....