Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Strawberry Peach Vietnamese Milkshake


Just like back in Week 14, I had trouble finding a recipe for this week's cookbook challenge. I don't have any Vietnamese cookbooks. I don't think I've ever eaten any Vietnamese food to tell you the truth. So it was back to trolling through the multitude of recipe indexes at the back of my hundred of food magazines. I started with the November issues, as that's the way my folders were arranged when we moved last year. So you can imagine that by the time I hit May, I was ready to grasp at straws. So when I saw a recipe in the May 2002 issue of delicious magazine with the word 'Vietnamese' in the name of the recipe, I took it, and breathed a sigh of relief. Not only was this week's challenge sorted, but I had all the ingredients in the house, it took care of the last of my peaches, and it was a nice treat for a hot day (which we've had plenty of lately!).

Strawberry Peach Vietnamese Milkshake Taken from delicious, May 2002
(serves 5)

10 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 cup chopped strawberries and peaches
2 1/2 cup milk
ice cubes


Doesn't the fruit look pretty?

Place the milks and fruit in the blender, top with ice. Blend until thick and frothy.
Serve in a tall glass with a straw.

This was an entry for
The Cookbook Challenge: Week 17 - Vietnamese.










Don't forget to get messy with your young 'uns for Kids In The Kitchen, training our next generation of food bloggers! ;)

2 comments:

Ravenous Couple said...

your sinh to sounds and looks great!

Unknown said...

Ha ha...I completely know the feeling when desperation starts to take hold. Great twist!