Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kids Cooking Thursday: Wheely Scones

The kids have been asking to make 'wheely scones' since tuesday last week, when Justine made them on Playschool. I'm not sure the kids will really eat them, but we need more afternoon teas for them in the freezer and I thought if I let them cook it, they'll stop asking.

You'll need:
scone dough
sultanas
chopped dried apricots
choc chips
a lot of patience

Roll the dough out into a rectangle. We split the dough in half and made two rectangles, ensuring no fighting over sultana placement. Scatter your toppings across the dough. Starting from a long end, roll up like a swiss roll. Slice into desired thickness and bake at 190°C for 15 minutes or until risen and golden.

I'm not a big scone fan, but the fruit stopped these from being too dry and tasteless. All the same, the kids are in no danger of me trying to pinch these off them. Maybe if I liked scones. I'm just weird like that. I don't like muffins either.

Now, throwing this one open for comments from the peanut gallery (now that's an odd phrase really, I wonder where, apart from my dad, does it originally come from?): if I were to whack a Mr Linky on the end of my KCT post next week, would anyone join in with me?

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I would join you, just need reminding, I've a mind like a sieve now I'm working more. Liked the idea of wheelie scones, we use to always have date scones as kids

nellbe said...

I would love to join you too! I need the incentive to make sure I do the kids cooking every week. Now what to make?