Monday, March 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Monday Chicken schnitzels, scalloped spuds, steamed veg
Tuesday Cheesy ham and mac bake
Wednesday Steak, with Tomato and Mushroom Fettucine
Thursday Cauliflower soup, fresh rolls, Mars Bar Mud Cake with homemade vanilla ice cream
Friday Fish & Chips, Mixed Berry Smoothies
Saturday Pizza Scrolls
Sunday Spaghetti Jaffles

Managed to sneak in a few blog event dishes in there, but more on that as they come around ;) This week is a 'lunch at the ILs' Sunday, hence the simple dinner. The kids invaribly nap on the way home, and have to be woken up for dinner, so I need to cook something easy on me, that doesn't really matter if they don't eat all (or any) of it.

Discovered a really neat webpage, where not only does the blogger have her own Menu Plan Monday, she has links to heaps of other people's! So now I should have no excuse not to fill those holes in my monthly plan! Check out this week's menus at I'm a Organizing Junkie

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness, everything looks delicious!! Welcome to Meal Plan Monday--I will definitely be watching for your menu next week!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a schnitzel because it's fun to say; but I have no idea what it is. Do you have a recipe? I mean of course you do. You're going to make it. I mean do you have one that would be easy to share? Thanks!

Niki Jolene said...

Schnitzel sounds yummy!

DEHausfrau said...

Welcome to MPM! I have to ask, what is Spaghetti Jaffles?

Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

My MPM is up at Don't Eat Baby.

Wifey said...

Welcome to MPM! Your menu sounds wonderful, although I'm also wondering about the Spaghetti Jaffles.

Have a great week!

Kiy said...

Great menu but I too want to know what the Jaffles are! Sounds like they would be fun, and I also would love to see your recipe for Schnitzel. I have never made it.

Cheers!

Kiy

SilverMoon Dragon said...

OK! Just so I don't have to type this out on any other American blogs (lol)...

A jaffle is a toasted sandwich. It is made in a special press (usually an electric one) that seals the edges of the sandwich, while leaving space for hot cooked goodness in the centre. I use canned spaghetti, or a slice of cheese and ham, or even egg.

That is what a jaffle is.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Mmmmm..fish & chips--yum! And smoothies sound delicious, too! Have a great week!