Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ridiculously over-elaborate Cheesy Chicken Patties


For some reason, I thought that I could actually cut a slice of prosciutto in half, and still have it long enough to wrap a patty in. Well, not once I started making them, obviously, but when I was at the deli deciding whether to buy 6 slices like the recipe called for, or 12, since I wasn't using ordinary bacon. No points for guessing I did the dumb (but cheaper) thing.

These jolly things took me (with the standard toddler interuptions) 50 mins to make and wrap. Then they had to sit in the fridge for 30 mins. Then they took 3 times as long as recommended to cook, because mine were too thick (so they would fit in the prosciutto). The adults liked them, but the kids, although claiming they were yummy, didn't eat any. Master Three ate all the bacon off his, but that doesn't count.

I thought the prosciutto was a bit strong flavoured for this recipe, but the housemate didn't think so. DP liked them, but even so, I don't think I'll make them again. At least not for a while, till the kids have grown up a bit. Though next time (if there is a next time) I'm going to say washing up be damned, I'm using the food processor. There was far too much grating involved in this.

Tasty though. It really is a pity it didn't pass the kid test.

0 comments: